Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bob Ross Brushes


People often ask me if they can do the Bob Ross paintings with non-Bob Ross brushes. You can certainly do them, but you will NOT get the same results. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the best brushes out there are the Bob Ross Brushes. No way! There are many great brand name brushes, some expensive, some not, that are good quality. I own many of them. However, for THIS method...the Bob Ross Wet-On-Wet Method....his brushes are the way to go. Please remember this is only one way of oil painting, and there are many. There's a reason that I provide all the brushes for you to use in my classes. You need them to get the consistent results for his paintings. Bob Ross did all the hard work...the research, development, and designing the paintings. Take the tools he's given you and use them to make yourself a better artist. Take care of these brushes and they will last you a long time. Happy painting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment