Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving is right around the corner!


Hard to believe, but it will be "turkey day" soon! My guy and I run the Thanksgiving Day 10K in Cincinnati Ohio each year. Last year, we ran it with Tom's nephew Bugsy. He had just volunteered to go to Afghanistan and we were spending as much time as possible with him. A few days after the race, Bugsy was on his way to report for duty and was killed in a car accident within site of the armory. We were all devastated. Life is so short.

This year, as we run the race again, this time without Bugsy, I'm reminded how thankful I am to have my family. The photo is from a calendar that my daughter made for me that hangs in my studio. The large image is my Mom and their dog Chloe. The two men in the upper right are my Dad & Brother. The lower right is my Mom, Daughter, and me there in the middle. I hope as we approach this Thanksgiving holiday that you consider all you have to be thankful for...and that you take the time to give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment