Friday, May 14, 2010

Practice Paintings




Well, we've all heard the saying "practice makes perfect". I feel like I've spent my lifetime trying to find a way around that rule. I still haven't. The fact is, if you want to get better at something, you have to work at it. Even those super-gifted people, who seem to be able to play an instrument by ear, or sing like an angel....well every one of them that I know work on their gift.
So, what am I trying to say? If you're interested in something, start working on it. Don't expect to be a master the first time you try it. Let yourself fail, then try again. Believe me, you'll learn from your mistakes.
These are a couple of my "practice paintings". (Chuckle...) You should have seen my first try's at this method of painting. (Yikes!!) Anyway, I'm hoping to look back and see even more improvement as I teach this technique.
Remember....practice, practice, PRACTICE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment